Moong Dal Kheer – Pasi Paruppu Payasam
Moong Dal Payasam is a traditional payasam dish that we make for festivals and special occasions. It is very easy to prepare this payasam and we use jaggery for sweetening the payasam. Lentils contain a lot of proteins and it is very healthy.
- Moong dal – 1/4 cup
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Shredded jaggery – 5 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 3
- Cashewnuts – 4
- Ghee – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a pan and add moong dal and channa dal. Heat both the lentils for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Wash the lentils and add 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles or until dal is cooked. Turn off the stove.
- When the pressure comes down mash the dal and add jaggery and allow it to boil until the jaggery melts completely and the raw smell is gone. Turn off the stove.
- Heat a small pan with ghee and fry cashew nuts pieces until it becomes golden brown.
- Add cardamon powder and fried cashew nuts to the prepared payasam and mix well.
- Delicious moong dal payasam is ready to serve.