Papaya fruit has a lot of health benefits and is rich in Vitamin A, B, C. It is also a good source of potassium and calcium. I have a papaya tree in my backyard and it yields a lot of fruits. So I decided to prepare some jam and store it. The jam came out very well and it was so easy to make. I have not added any pectin or even canned the jam. It is a simple procedure and it stays for upto a month or even more.
- Papaya pulp – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2 (optional)
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the papaya fruit, peel the skin and remove the seeds.
- Cut them into small pieces and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat a sauce pan with ground papaya and sugar. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, cover it with a lid and allow it boil until it becomes thick like a jam. Stir frequently.
- Turn off the stove and add ground cardamom and nutmeg powder. Mix well and let it cool.
- Store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Yield: 200 grams