Gobi Biryani – Cauliflower Biryani
Biryani is a flavorful, rich and comfort dish. Today I have shared the recipe for a simple and delicious Cauliflower Biryani. It doesn’t take much time and is a perfect lunch box dish for kids and adults. Serve this biryani with raitha or chips or potato fry.
- Cooked basmati rice – 2 cups
- Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 cup
- Chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – a pinch
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fried cashewnut for garnishing
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add onion and allow it to fry in low flame until it turns into slight brown colour.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and saute for 3 minutes and then add cauliflower along with salt. Allow it to cook for 5 to 7 minutes until cauliflower becomes soft and blended well with the masalas.
- Finally add the cooked rice along with pepper powder and garam masala and gently stir to combine without breaking the rice.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and ghee fried cashew nut.
- Serve hot with raitha.
Preparation time: 45 minutes