Lemon Rice is a simple dish that you can put together for a quick lunch. You can even make it with left over rice. You can make this dish with all the simple ingredients from your pantry. It’s very light and simple. You can serve it with pickle or papad or potato fry.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Lemon – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 4
- Curry leaves – 7 to 8
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Boil or steam cook rice with 2 cups of water.
- Allow the cooked rice to cool and mix a tbsp of sesame oil.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of sesame oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add urad dal, channa dal and fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Add chopped green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Toss for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the fried items and mix it with the cooked rice.
- Lemon rice is ready. Serve it with potato fry or papad.