Please use beet root oftenly. Because it will increase the hemoglobin. Especially for children.
Beetroot is a nutritious vegetable and an excellent source of folate and a good source of manganese, vitamin C, betaine, etc. Today I have made a simple Beetroot Poriyal which is healthy with less oil. You can serve this dish with rice and roti.
- Beet root – 2
- Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal -1 tbsp
- Moong dal – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Green chili – 1
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash beet root and peel the skin. Cut them into small pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Then add urad dal and fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Wash moong dal and keep it ready.
- Add chopped beetroot to the pan followed by moong dal. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes.
- When beetroot is cooked, add shredded coconut, slit chili and salt. Mix well.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Finally add curry leaves and stir well.
- Beetroot poriyal is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes