Okra Brinjal Fry – Kathirikkai Vendakkai Poriyal
Okra and Brinjal makes a good combination. I have made a spicy stir fry which can be served with rice and rasam, sambar and yogurt. It takes only a few minutes to make this and is perfect for lunch or lunch box.
- Okra (ladies finger) – 10
- Brinjal – 4
- Sambar powder – 3/4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Asafoetida – apinch
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the ladies finger and brinjal and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add urad dal and fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Add ladies finger, brinjal pieces. Toss for a minute and add sambar powder. Mix well.
- Allow to fry over low heat. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in between for every 5 minutes. Finally add salt, curry leaves, asafoetida and mix well.
- Let it cook for 3 more minutes until salt is mixed well with the vegetables.
- Poriyal is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4